Social Programme – http://www.rhkyc.org.hk/ffwsocial.aspx
The start of the Hong Kong Nationals is not far away and our Socials team has been hard at work putting together a full programme of events. An eclectic combination of functions, some official and some optional, have been put together to help you make the most of your stay in Hong Kong.
Full details of all the events, together with order forms, are attached – please pre-book for guest tickets to official events, and for the number-restricted optional events, to avoid disappointment!
In addition, you can pre-order your sandwich for collection at Middle Island before you go out sailing, saving valuable time each morning – the sandwich order form is also attached.
Official Events – Free to Competitors, HKD600 for non-competitors
- Briefing and Welcome Drinks for the Hong Kong Nationals –
Main Lawn at Middle Island, 1830hrs, 27th October
- Hong Kong Nationals Prizegiving –
HKFFA President’s home, AKA ‘Sam’s Place’, 2000hrs, 31st October
- Worlds Welcome Lion Dance and Skippers’ Briefing (Free to all)
Main Lawn at Kellett Island, 1900hrs, 1st November
- Flying Fifteen Worlds Prizegiving Dinner –
Poolside at Kellett Island, 1900hrs, 8th November
- Post-Sailing Food and Beer – HKD75 per day, or HKD500 for a 9-day pass
Hardstand at Middle Island, after racing, 29th, 30th, 31st October, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7thNovember
- Chinese Dinner (places limited) – PLEASE BOOK
American Restaurant (don’t take the name literally!), Wan Chai, 1930hrs, 28th October
- Seafood Dinner on the Outlying Islands (places limited) – PLEASE BOOK
A junk trip to legendary Po Toi Island leaving Middle Island at 1730hrs, 3rd November
- Lan Kwai Fong Pub Crawl –
What more do we need to say? Kicks off at 1930hrs, Stauntons, Staunton Street, SoHo (South of Hollywood Road), 7th November
Club Regulars (RHKYC Members’ favourites)
- Curry Night –
1800hrs-2200hrs every Wednesday at the Bistro, Kellett Island. Booking not permitted – turn up early!
- Weekend Bistro Buffet –
1200hrs – 2200hrs Saturday and Sunday at the Bistro, Kellett Island. Booking not permitted.
- Compass Room Buffet Lunch –
Fine dining buffet, with oysters, sushi and more. Booking recommended.